Are you a coffee lover who also happens to be a bit of a neat freak? If so, then you’re in luck! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean your ninja coffee maker.
It is very important to keep your coffee maker clean. A clean coffee maker will make better tasting coffee and will last longer. Ninja coffee makers are no different. In fact, they may even require a little more attention than other brands because of all the nooks and crannies where coffee residue can build up. But don’t worry, cleaning a Ninja coffee maker is not difficult, and only takes a few minutes.
How to clean a ninja coffee maker
Step One: Remove the Coffee Grounds
If you’ve just made a pot of coffee, wait until the brew cycle is complete before cleaning. Then, remove the carafe and discard the coffee grounds. If there are any lingering grounds stuck to the filter, tap them out into the garbage.
Step Two: Rinse the Basket
Make sure to rinse the coffee filter basket after each use. To do this, simply remove the filter basket and rinse it under running water. Be sure to shake off any excess water before putting it back in the coffee maker.
Step Three: Clean the Carafe
Coffee makers can get pretty dirty, and the carafe is often one of the dirtiest parts. If you don’t clean it regularly, it can start to build up a film of coffee oils and residue. To clean the carafe, just add a little soap and water and scrub it with a sponge. If you have hard water, you may want to add a little vinegar to help break down the mineral deposits.
Step Four: descale Your Coffee Maker
Descaling is an important step in keeping your coffee maker running properly. Over time, minerals from water can build up in the inner workings of your machine and cause it to run less efficiently. Descaling should be done every few months, or as needed.
To descale your Ninja Coffee Maker, you will need:
-A clean cloth
-A small brush (optional)
Follow these steps:
1. Unplug the coffee maker and remove all parts that can be removed, including the carafe, filter basket, and any filters.
2. Rinse all removable parts with warm water and set them aside.
3. Fill the water reservoir with equal parts white vinegar and water. For example, if your reservoir holds 10 cups of water, you will need to add 5 cups of vinegar.
4. Place a clean cloth over the top of the coffee maker (to prevent splashing) and turn it on. Run the brew cycle until the vinegar solution has made its way through the machine (this may take a few minutes).
5. Turn off the coffee maker and let it sit for 30 minutes to allow the vinegar solution to work its magic.
6. After 30 minutes, turn on the coffee maker and finish running the brew cycle until only water comes out (this may take a few minutes). Discard the cloth.
7. Rinse all removable parts with warm water and dry thoroughly before putting them back in place. This step is important to remove any residual vinegar taste from your coffee maker
Step Five: Clean the Lid and control Panel
Wash the lid and control panel with hot, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel. If necessary, use a soft-bristled brush to remove any stubborn dirt or stains.
To clean your Ninja® Coffee Brewer, please see our instructional video or downloadable PDF. For optimal performance, we recommend cleaning your coffee brewer every 3 to 6 months.
Cleaning your coffee brewer on a regular basis will help to maintain its performance and extend its lifespan.